- We no longer have to resort to superstition when faced with the deep problems: Is there a meaning to life? What are we for? What is man?
- Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish.
- Let us understand what our own selfish genes are up to, because we may then at least have a chance to upset their designs, something that no other species has ever aspired to do.
- If you want to do evil, science provides the most powerful weapons to do evil; but equally, if you want to do good, science puts into your hands the most powerful tools to do so. The trick is to want the right things, then science will provide you with the most effective methods of achieving them.
- We should be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brain falls out.
- Like computer viruses, successful mind viruses will tend to be hard for their victims to detect. If you are the victim of one, the chances are that you won't know it, and may even vigorously deny it.
- For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
- The world and the universe is an extremely beautiful place, and the more we understand about it the more beautiful does it appear.
‚‚ Gospodo sudije!
Vratite supruge svojim zenama i obiteljima; vratite sinove svojim materima; svestenike oltarima; zanatlije i trgovcer svome poslu; vrtite ratare njihovoj voljenoj grudi i plugu, i sve njih domovini - pa kad budete izrekli presudu kojom ih oslobadjate i za koju vas molim, uveren sam da ce uzdrhtati ceo slovenski Jug od radosti sto su se razorili osnovi onih dusmana koji su hteli da razore ulogu i bratstvo Srba i Hrvata! - Hinko Hinkovi. To je jedan od odgovora na pitanje o smslu zivota.