Former hostage negotiator and human behavior expert Mara Kint becomes a college professor after experiencing an unimaginable personal tragedy. When an old friend hires her to work at his new cutting-edge company, she is given the opportunity to save ordinary people who have lost themselves in a highly advanced virtual reality program -- in which people can literally live their dreams. After a lot of hard work, Mara finds that, in saving others, she may actually have discovered a way to save herself.
Reverie is an American science fiction drama television series. The series was commissioned on May 12, 2017. The first season of 10 episodes premiered on May 30, 2018 on NBC.
Former hostage negotiator Mara Kint, an expert on human behavior, takes a job saving people whose minds are lost in an advanced virtual-reality simulation, Reverie. In the process, Kint begins to work through a personal tragedy in her own past
- Sarah Shahi as Mara Kint, an expert in human behavior and former hostage negotiator hired by Onira-Tech to intervene on behalf of patients trapped within Reverie.
- Dennis Haysbert as Charlie Ventana, Mara's former boss and a senior security consultant for Onira-Tech.
- Jessica Lu as Alexis Barrett, a programmer involved in the creation of Reverie. She also programmed Dylan, the artificial intelligence that manages Onira-Tech's systems.
- Sendhil Ramamurthy as Paul Hammond, the scientist chiefly responsible for Reverie.
- Kathryn Morris as Monica Shaw, a Defense Department official with an interest in the use of Reverie for government purposes.