With Bill Barretta, Dave Goelz, Eric Jacobson, Peter Linz. As a brand-new Muppet series get ready for streaming, Scooter rushes to deliver the episodes -- navigating obstacles, distractions, and complications that the rest of the Muppet gang throws at him.
web television series produced by The Muppets Studio for Disney+. Directed by Kirk Thatcher, the series is an improvisational comedy based on The Muppets franchise by Jim Henson. It premiered on July 31, 2020.
Muppets Now is a series consisting of multiple different segments bridged together by a framing device featuring Scooter. The segments include a game show, a cooking show, and a talk show. The series was marketed as unscripted, but several writers are credited. The show sees the debut of two new characters, Joe the Legal Weasel and Beverly Plume.
The segments include:
- Lifesty(le) with Miss Piggy, in which Miss Piggy offers lifestyle tips with assistance from Uncle Deadly, Taye Diggs, Linda Cardellini, and various other Muppet and celebrity guests. The segment is divided into smaller segments including “Try it with Taye Diggs” in which Piggy and Taye Diggs try beauty regimes or exotic foods and “Le Chat Room” where Miss Piggy discusses the given topic with Linda Cardellini and two other muppets (usually one of which is a random non-anthropomorphic animal or anthropomorphic inanimate object). (appears in all episodes)
- Økėÿ Døkęÿ Køøkïñ, hosted by turkey Beverly Plume in which the Swedish Chef competes against celebrity chefs. (appears in five of the six episodes)
- Muppet Masters, which features Walter discovering the Muppets' hidden talents. (appears in episodes 1 and 5)
- Mup Close and Personal, in which a different Muppet each time attempts to have an in-depth conversation with a celebrity guest. (appears in episodes 1,4 and 6)
- Muppet Labs Field Test, in which Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker take their experiments out into the open. These are preceded by safety warnings with Kermit and Joe the Legal Weasel. Parts of the segments feature animated muppets as famous historical figures. (appears in all episodes except the first)
- Pepe's Unbelievable Game Show, where Scooter has came up with a long list of rules for Pepe the King Prawn's game show, but Pepe himself would rather just make it up as he goes along, to Scooter's annoyance. (appears in episodes 2,3 and 5)
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.