Signup Now
Da bi mogli da pišete na forumu, otvarate nove teme, kao i da vidite download
linkove morate prvo da se registrujete.

Ukoliko Vam nije jasan proces registracije, molimo vas da kliknete OVDE
Ako ste zaboravili lozinku, kliknite OVDE :)

Punk collection

Diskusija u 'Metal - Rock' započeta od boki71, 20.08.2010.

1. boki71

boki71 Uz duplu Anu... Administrator

Zahvala:
    F-minus - wake up screaming

[​IMG]

Brutality. That's the word I'd use to describe this album. Utter brutality. From start to end this album skins you alive and screams in your ear loud enough to cause permanent loss of hearing.

Although longer and more varied than past F Minus albums, this is without any doubt their best. Most of the songs are what you'd expect from an F Minus album- raw, thrashing and fast as hell. Brad's gravel like voice mixed with Erika's throat tearing yell (which makes Brody Armstrong look like Britney Spears) propel the band over music as punishing as the lyrics. Lyrically this album is similar to the others, dealing with anger, anomie, violence and politics. Many people had labeled this album as "slower" than the rest, that's just false. First off, there are some songs that have a "heavier" tempo and last longer, but those one's ended up being my favorites on the record. Songs like "Wake Up Screaming", "Sweating Blood", "Not This Time", "From Here", and "Survival" are trademark, blistering F Minus. A couple of the songs play at a heavier, longer pace and really give the band a chance to show that they CAN play a song over 2 minutes long AND play it well! Brad get's his shot at it in "Mother Of Suffer"and, my personal favorite "Here Lies Jessica". Erika REALLY shines on the brutal "A Transformation". The latter 2 songs moving along at a chugging pace slightly faster than, say, side 2 of Black Flag's "My War". The album closes itself with the most ferocious and ear splitting song this band (or almost any band for that matter) has ever produced- "Barking Dog", I'm sure that both Erika and Brad sing on this song, but most of the time they are screaming so hard that you can't tell which is which. The scream until their throats become coarse, Erika actually screams until her throat actually gives out on a her a couple times. It's amazing.

This album more than earns it's 10. Definitely a surprise, not that I wasn't expecting it to be good, but just not incredible....which is what it is, purely an experiance which must be had from start to finish. The album plays almost like a single, long, brutal assault on the senses. Get this thing. Best thing to ever come out of Hellcat. --PunkNews

F-MINUS - WAKE UP SCREAMING
    Original Release Date: 2003
    Label: Hellcat Records
    Bitrate: 192kbps
    48.69MB
    Fmin_WUS.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. Sweating Blood
    2. Not This Time
    3. From Here
    4. Wake Up
    5. Mother Of Suffering
    6. Survival
    7. Brand Loyalty
    8. Here Lies Jessica
    9. Iconoclast
    10. Never Live To See
    11. Mind
    12. Out Of Reach
    13. Paid To Listen
    14. Controversy (World Of ~Oh Deficate!~)
    15. Barking Dog

Kod:
    Zao nam je, ali morate biti registrovani/prijavljeni da vidite ovaj sadržaj!

2. boki71

Zahvala:
    The fartz - world full of hate

[​IMG]

Raw and simple, the Fartz owe more of a musical debt to Discharge than they do to their peers in the USA. Blaine and co. rip through 16 tracks of pissed off hardcore punk, only stopping for their drummer Loud Fart to count off 19 (most bands stick with 1-2-3-4). The only downside is that this is a little too simple at times, although it's not for lack of trying. The music is energetic and Blaine spits out the lyrics with disgust and spite (not ignoring Darby, I think this is where Jerry A got his influence). My favorite part is when he sings (if you could call it that) "Battle Hymn of Ronald Reagan" - it's so bad, it's great!--CHRIS[KFTH]

THE FARTZ - WORLD FULL OF HATE
    Original Release Date: 1982
    Label: Alternative Tentacles Records
    27.91MB
    Far_Wor.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. People United
    2. Heros (Cum Home in Boxes)
    3. When Will It End
    4. Rights
    5. Don't Want No Gun
    6. Questions and Answers
    7. Viet-Vet
    8. Battle Hymn of Ronnie Reagan
    9. World Full of Hate
    10. Bible Stories
    11. What's Wrong
    12. Happy Apathy
    13. Know-It-Alls
    14. Freight Train
    15. Take a Stand (Against the Klan)
    16. Children of the Grave

Kod:

3. boki71

Zahvala:
    The fartz - injustice

[​IMG]

If THE FARTZ aren't the greatest hardcore band of all time, the kings of noize and mayhem, then they certainly are within spitting distance of the throne. After reforming four years ago (and reinstating meaning into this harsh existence) the band has teased us with re-releases and re-recordings of their classic tunes but, until now, they hadn't upped the ante and released an album of all new tunes. There was no doubt the band still had it but until 'Injustice' hit the streets a question remained as to how much they still had. Well I'm here, like an oversexed TV evangelist, to proclaim to the world that the second coming of THE FARTZ will save the souls of countless punks across the globe. I couldn't help but wonder why the band took four years to release this album but now that I hear it, it is obvious.

They wanted to build up a full head of steam and make sure that their chops were as solid as the day they originally went their separate ways in 1983. 'Injustice' is so unbridled and ferocious it sounds as if it was recorded at the band's peak in the early 80s... it's almost as if they never went away. I'm giddy, that's right I said GIDDY, about this album. We might want to just declare 2002 over and move onto 2003 because this album is going to be the album of the year for every punk still drawing breathe (and it may even bring a few not drawing breathe back to life). --InMusicWeTrust

THE FARTZ - INJUSTICE
    Original Release Date: 2002
    Label: Alternative Tentacles Records
    39.74MB
    Far_In.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. Rich White American
    2. Don't Want No Gun
    3. Out Of Control Pt. 2
    4. Satan
    5. Cracked
    6. Out Of Control
    7. Get Along
    8. Apathy Is The Enemy
    9. Get Off Your Asses
    10. What Do You Stand For
    11. Injustice
    12. God Fearing Christians
    13. Martyrs
    14. Buried Alive
    15. State Control
    16. Untitled

Kod:

4. boki71

Zahvala:
    Cowboy killers - thank you, fuck you and goodnight

[​IMG]

UK hardcore punk band who sound a lot like the Dead Kennedys... weird! From Newport Gwent, formed (1987), feat; Dean Beddis (voc) (also Las Vegas Elvis), Gary Bush (gtr) (also of Fenella Fielding), Wil Casker (bass), Pug Brewer (gtr) (ex Heretics), Kip-Xool (Ed Fleming) (drms) (ex Heretics, later In The Shit.) Releases included Koyaanisqatsi, Press And Run Like Hell, Thank You, Fuck You and Goodnight & Dai Laughing.--P.O.P.

COWBOY KILLERS - THANK YOU, FUCK YOU AND GOODNIGHT
    Original Release Date: 198?
    Label: Rejected Records
    44.67MB
    Cow_TYFYAG.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. Sweet
    2. Headless Chicken
    3. Anorak Man
    4. Aliens Schmaliens
    5. Keeping Up With The Jones
    6. Where Are They Now
    7. Mid Life Crisis
    8. Great Expectations
    9. No Pulse
    10. Growth Change
    11. Old Fuck
    12. KKK Wives on Holiday
    13. Big Gish Shoes
    14. Lummox
    15. Dai Piss
    16. Cuckoo

Kod:

5. boki71

Zahvala:
    Cowboy killers - press and run like hell

[​IMG]

9 tracks of blistering hardcore punk ferocity from Wales. The Cowboy Killers sound like the UK lost at birth siblings of America's Dead Kennedys. Includes an awesome cover of THE FEEDERZ "Jesus Entering From The Rear" which provides even more of a connection to the DK's as the covered track original appeared on Jello Biafra's label Alternative Tentacles on the compilation "Let Them Eat Jellybeans".

COWBOY KILLERS - PRESS AND RUN LIKE HELL
    Original Release Date: 1990
    Label: Words of Warning Records
    30.84MB
    Cow_PandRLH.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. Eyes
    2. Warning On Deaf Ears
    3. Everyone 's Believing In What They've Been Told
    4. Ku Klux Klan Wives On Holiday
    5. Remember What
    6. Poor Me
    7. Jesus Entering From The Rear
    8. Supply & Demand
    9. Outro

Kod:

6. boki71

Zahvala:
    Toxic reasons - independence

[​IMG]

If I were to compile a list of the most underrated punk rock albums ever, Independence, the first of many full length records to come from hardcore punk band Toxic Reasons, would be at number one. Independence was originally released in 1982, although it has been rereleased a few times on various record labels, most recently on Beer City Records in 2001. I was lucky enough to get both the CD and LP versions of the 2001 rerelease for free when the band's guitar player Bruce gave them to me when I interviewed him about his experiences, but that is a completely different story. I am here to tell you about Independence.

Independence features eleven tracks of relatively original hardcore. On this album, Toxic Reasons successfully combines three distinct hardcore styles; fast and loud American hardcore, melodic Canadian hardcore, and anthemic British hardcore. DOA was a tremendous influence on Toxic Reasons and this particular album bears strong resemblance to the DOA /Subhumans style of HC. The album also sounds a little bit like '80s UK punk (i.e. The Exploited), but not in a bad way. Thirdly, Independence sounds a lot like Bad Brains, mostly because of its adherence to a steady rhythm and tempo which gives it the chugga chugga sound which we've all heard (or at least I hope to God you've heard) on the self titled Bad Brains. And if that's not enough 'Brains influence, there's even a reggae track titled "Ghost Town"! What is surprising about Independence is that it is so derivative yet it also manages to be original. Lyric-wise, Independence is mostly political; the band deals with the total ~lol~ of American patriotism, urban decay, and the continuing Cold War. Some of the lyrics are just rockingly hardcore (I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing) - "Noise Boys" for example; "Is it loud enough or do you want some more? / I told you once that we weren't wimps, we're born to be hard-core / And now that we've got our amps maxed out on ten / do you think that you'll ever ever ever come and see us again?"

Independence is undoubtedly required listening for any punk rock enthusiast. Musically, it rocks and rolls with a good fast, yet steady tempo, loud guitars, and gruff vocals. It has pretty solid, if less than brilliant lyrics, and I would contend that the content of the lyrics remain relevant today. As I said earlier, Independence is a good bet for any hardcore fan.--NotSoPop

TOXIC REASONS - INDEPENDENCE
    Original Release Date: 1982
    Label: Risky Records
    37.13MB
    Tox_Ind.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. Mercenary
    2. Drunk and Disorderly
    3. War Hero
    4. Riot Squad
    5. Noise Boys
    6. Ghost Town
    7. Killer
    8. Somebody Help Me
    9. How Do You Feel
    10. White Noise
    11. The Shape of Things to Come
    12. Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys

Kod:

7. boki71

Zahvala:
    Toxic reasons - war hero ep

[​IMG]
    Hardcore Punk from the midwest .The band started in 1979 with Bruce Stuckey, Mark Patterson, Joel Agne and Ed Pittman Originally from Dayton, OH. after recording our first single "War Hero" and being banned from every bar in Dayton, we played several midwest regional punk rock shows including a Rock Against Reagan show in Detroit that hooked us up once again with our hardcore heros "D.O.A". Ed Pittman made headlines after the show in Detriot burning the stuffed cymbal of the rebublican party in effigy. D.O.A invited us boys to come out and play in vancouver. Joel Agne left the band and The Delinquents' Guitar player, Rob Lucjac joined the Toxic's as roadie ( basically an apprenticeship program until he could learn all of the songs, on guitar) Mainly influenced by D.O.A's "road dog" touring work ethic, Toxic's loaded up the van and went out to Vancouver, B.C Canada to play with D.O.A & the DK's. for one show. The show was huge!! Bruce made The front page Of The Vancouver Sun, and that was it!!! we were in it for the long haul!!!--band's myspace

Stuckley started the band in Dayton, Ohio - 1979. At that point he was playing bass, Joel Agne was on guitar, Mike Patteson played drums, and Ed Pittman was the lead singer. This line-up only stuck around long enough to record a two-song single, 1980's War Hero 7".--KFTH

War Hero was released on Banit Records 1980. This is their FIRST release and VERY RARE , (ONLY 500 COPIES ! ) . It is also the only recording with the "Original" lineup of Ed Pittman on vocals,Joel Agne on guitar & vocals,Bruce Stuckey,bass & vocals,and Mark Patterson on drums.

TOXIC REASONS - WAR HERO EP
    Original Release Date: 1980
    Label: Banit Records
    4.85MB
    Tox_War.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. War Hero
    2. Somebody Help Me

Kod:

8. boki71

Zahvala:
    Toxic reasons - ghost town ep

[​IMG]

Mainly influenced by D.O.A's "road dog" touring work ethic, Toxic Reason loaded up the van and went out to Vancouver, B.C Canada to play with D.O.A & the Dead Kennedys. for one show. The show was huge!! Bruce made The front page Of The Vancouver Sun, and that was it!!! we were in it for the long haul!!! After minor altercations with Ed Pittman, Mark Patterson decided that the touring life was not for him, so he went back to Dayton. Enter 16 year old, Jimmy-Joe Pearson. A punk kid from vancouver with decent chops on the drums alla Chuck Biscuits. We jammed a few times, Played a show at Vancouver's answer to San Francisco's "Fab Mab", "The Smilin' Buddha" We were set. With shows booked up and down the coast with the likes of Dead Kennedys, Back Flag, Flipper & T.S.O.L we headed out on our first west coast tour finishing with the recording of our second single, "Ghost Town" (Produced by DK's East Bay Ray). We went out again on what would end up being a full year tour living on the kindness of strangers, bean burritos and mothering rock chics... later, back in the midwest while recording " --band's myspace

The Ghost Town Ep released in 1981 was their first release on Risky. It was recorded at Army Street Studios in San Francisco,and produced by East Bay Ray of the Dead Kennedys.

TOXIC REASONS - GHOST TOWN EP
    Original Release Date: 1981
    Label: Risky Records
    13.27MB
    Tox_Ghost.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. Ghost Town
    2. Killer
    3. Noise Boys
    Kod:

9. boki71

Zahvala:
    Toxic reasons - god bless america ep

[​IMG]
    3 track 1984 EP released for their first European tour; great melodic & powerful hardcore.--FLEX

TOXIC REASONS - GOD BLESS AMERICA EP
    Original Release Date: 1984
    Label: T-reason Records
    Bitrate: 128kbps
    5.29MB
    Tox_God.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. God Bless America
    2. Can't Get Away
    3. Destroyer

Kod:

10. boki71

Zahvala:
    Toxic reasons - nobody tells us ep

[​IMG]

In 1991 Selfless Records did a really cool Toxic Reasons 7″ that contained select songs from a 1980 gig with the original Ed Pitman (ie. “Independence“) line-up. It’s hard for me to grasp the fact that 1991 was 15 years ago, much less the recording date being 26; it seems like it was just yesterday (as the saying goes.)

There were 1,000 of these made and 50 copies came as a double 7″ with both B/sides being blank (as in Bad Religion’s “Back To The Known”, shiny blank.) It would have been great if there was something “extra” there but I love special packaging and always thought this was one of the coolest ideas ever. Something only a true geek would spend the extra time, effort and cash to do. Incidentally, these 50 copies were all sent to Bruce Stucky to sign and number but for some reason he thought there were 55 and numbered them as such. I guess he figured it out when he got to #50. There were also 80 copies that didn’t have a B/side label and one that had no labels at all.

There’s two covers and two originals here; I *think* the originals are otherwise unreleased and they’re both quite good, have a listen.--PunkRecords

TOXIC REASONS - NOBODY TELLS US EP
    Original Release Date: 1990
    Label: Selfless Records
    Bitrate: 128kbps
    6.86MB
    Tox_No.zip

TRACK LISTING

1. Chinese Rocks
    2. Nobody Tells Us
    3. 48 Hours
    4. Tommy

Kod:

Preporučite stranicu