Legendarni commodore 64

Član
Učlanjen(a)
Poruka
This Old-Ass Commodore 64 Is Still Being Used to Run an Auto Shop in Poland
zdsgzq2fsbyminket7qi.jpg

Hell yeah.

We need to learn a lesson about needless consumerism from this auto repair shop in Gdansk, Poland. Because it still uses a Commodore 64 to run its operations. Yes, the same Commodore 64 released 34 years ago that clocked in at 1 MHz and had 64 kilobytes of RAM. It came out in 1982, was discontinued in 1994, but it’s still used to run a freaking company in 2016. That’s awesome.

To be sure, small businesses around the world often use technology that’s a bit more outdated than what the rest of us use in our daily lives but damn, flexing a Commodore 64 for work in a time when babies are given smartphones before pacifiers is pretty damn bad ass.

This C64C used by a small auto repair shop for balancing driveshafts has been working non-stop for over 25 years! And despite surviving a flood it is still going...

I jedna dobra provala!

She got a scam call from some guy saying he was with Microsoft and he detected a virus on her computer. (First clue it was a scam? They have an iMac. Why would Microsoft be calling?)

My mom started playing dumb and saying, “You mean my Commodore has a virus?”

“What?”

“Yes! I have a Commodore 64!”

“Uh..Do you have Windows?”

“Well, of course! I can look through them and see the birds outside! My cats LOVE my windows...But I don’t let them up by my computer after someone told me that computers have mice.”

“Uhm...Ma’am...Is there someone else there?”

“Nope! Just me, my 12 cats, and my 4 dogs!”

The guy hung up on her at that point.

Natrag